Saturday, February 23, 2008

Would I Be Nathan Hale's Friend?

I guess I would be Nathan Hale's friend (not that I think he needs anymore). I can relate to him in many ways. My personality is one that doesn't really like the quiet. Nathan got bored and lonesome when he was a teacher in East Haddam, he didn't like the rural area and lack of mail. He enjoyed it better in the bustling urban city, where they had a newspaper. I like the suburbs best, but the urban is better than the rural. I also like his bravery. When he was hanged, he wasn't even much scared. All he did was say his famous words, 'I have one regret, that I have but one life to live for my country'.

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

It seems like you and Nathan wouldn't be the best of friends, but it is interesting how you managed to make connections and honestly assess whether or not you could be friends.